[Kde-imaging] Quiet Gimp script to make screenshots

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Fri Feb 16 08:50:51 CET 2007

As manual writers we generate a lot of nice screenshots, a task which can be
quite tedious. To make life a (little) bit easier I updated my Gimp script-fu
to this:

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Tools/kde-screenshot-dropshadow.scm

The script creates a dropshadow conforming to KDE standard. I runs without
dialog and flattens the layers at the end. So the only action it to call it
(from 'Script-Fu'->Utils) and save the screenshot.

This is an update of my previous scripts, which it replaces. It runs fine on
Gimp 2.3.14 and should be backwards compatible at least down to Gimp 2.0
(because the parser of the recent version is stricter)

And, since I'm at it...
The following command compresses the produced PNG file considerably (that's
nice for smaller packages) without visible quality loss:

$ pngnq -s 3 ./*.png && optipng *-nq8.png && rename -f s/-nq8\.png/.png/
*-nq8.png
Just run it in the screenshot directory from a shell.

Of course you need to have optipng and pngnq installed.

Regards
Gerhard

P.S.
Project: shell script using Imagemagick with optipng to do it all at once
without Gimp