[Kde-imaging] extragear/libs (libkipi kde4 RFC)

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Thu Dec 27 22:49:15 CET 2007

Hi,
> Important change here : libkipi depend now of libkdcraw. Please packager
> take a care for the future...
WOW, that is an important change, now a library that is mandatatory for who
develops and uses kipi-plugins, depends on a library that was not mandatory.
I wonder if it is needed to release two different libraries then...
why not to add a exif interface as well... ?

> Angelo, porting this code in KDE3 branch is trivial. I waiting your
> viewpoint to do it. Of course this will
> require a new libkipi release.
I'm planning to breaks all libraries, since digikam can show only their
version of compile time. I will send patches to ml, to decide if applying.
In the case that could be the time to add your patch, i believe i will need
your help though, I'm not a libkipi hacker...