[Kde-imaging] RFC: how to identify an action from some KIPI plugin

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Wed Aug 8 11:30:45 CEST 2007

Angelo Naselli wrote:
> It is, you've just said you're using kipi-plugins (note kipi-plugins not likipi)
> 0.1.0-rc1 that bug has been fixed into version 0.1.3 beta1 as written into
> the NEWS file.

There's no bug in kipi-plugins. The bug is in the way KPhotoAlbum and
KIPI plugins cooperate.

> hmm, IIUC your last, you said the problem is in the exif value that still
> remains normal, after rotation. In such a condition KPA doesn't see
> the file has been rotated, am i wrong?

Nope, plugin works as expected, but as it can't let KPA know about what
exactly happened, KPA doesn't know that it should reset its *internal*
database record to "this picture shouldn't be rotated again". EXIF
records in the JPEG file are correct, but KPA doesn't know that it
should throw away its internal metadata.

> Col made a wiki page in which we can discuss kipi api changing proposal,
> please add your comments there:
> http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Kipi+API+Rework

Done.

Cheers,