[Kde-imaging] Problems with "HTML Export" plugin

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Fri Apr 27 15:06:05 CEST 2007

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 22:10:40 -0400, "Colin McMillen" <mcmillen at cs.cmu.edu> wrote:
>> It is probably time for me to acknowledge that I can't maintain the kipi
>> plugins I am supposed to maintain anymore. I will nevertheless try to
> move
>> the HTML export plugin to a better shape before leaving.
>
> I'm sorry to hear that.  Is there any chance of making the old plugin
> available as well, or is it too far out of date?

It's probably possible, but it would probably be nicer to add some customization
support on the new plugin. Having two similar plugins is not a good idea IMHO.

> Alternately, would you accept patches that fix the 2 problems I specified?

Sure, would be great! If you send them to the list, be sure to CC me though, I
must confess I do not read kde-imaging@ regularly.

> I'm not familiar with KDE / KIPI / digiKam development, but it looks
> like changing the image order should be a relatively trivial change to
> generator.cpp.

True, but if I am not mistaken, the plugin use the image order provided by the
host application. I am no Digikam user, but if it does not sort image by date
it is probably more useful to fix Digikam, this way all plugins will benefit
from the fix.

> I've gotten the code out of SVN, but am having
> problems building libkexiv2 (sorry, I have no experience building KDE
> projects).  I opened the libkexiv2.kdevelop file in kdevelop, but
> building the project gave an error about not being able to find
> "Makefile.cvs" or "autogen.sh".  Any hints?

You need to checkout the whole extragear/libs dir? this is where Makefile.cvs
should be.

> Once I get kipi-plugins built, I presume I need to compile the latest
> digiKam and link against the right kipi?  Or can I get by without
> using my system's binary install of digiKam? (for example, by setting
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the build directory?)
>
> The rotation looks to be a bit more involved, but I can probably
> figure that out if I have a spare weekend :)

I know Gilles did some work on some plugins to correctly rotate images using
libexiv2. You can probably have a look at other plugins to borrow some code.