[Kde-imaging] Print Wizard Plugin (discussion transferred from digikam-users list)

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Sat Sep 30 15:16:44 CEST 2006

Alle 22:05, venerdì 29 settembre 2006, David Aldred ha scritto:
Hi David,
welcome aboard :)
> (This started in Digikam-users: Gilles has suggested continuing here. )
>
> On Saturday 30 September 2006 18:35, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> > If you talking about Todd Shoemakers, he don't maintain the print wizzard
> > kipi-plugin anymore.
> >
> > A new maintainer is require to improve fix this plugin.
> >
> > Note that digikam-user ML is not the right way to talking with kipi-plugin
> > team. You need to use the kde-imaging at kde.org ML.
>
> Gilles, thanks.
>
> You know much more about how these things work than I do - I don't pretend to
> be any expert in programming, but from what I remember of the code I think I
> could manage to change the relevant section of the print wizard so that it
> would read paper sizes and layout info from a config file.  This would at
> least allow more technically minded users to create custom paper sizes and
> layouts without having to recompile the whole thing!
>
> I can, of course, compile and test any modifications on my own machine - and
> I'm pretty unlikely to use any obscure libraries or anything since I don't
> know what they are!
>
> But I have no idea how any modifications would get into the 'released' code -
> how do such things work?

Changes/improvements are always welcome :)
You can start downloading code from svn and use it for developing/testing.
After that if you don't have svn access you can post the patch here, or open
a bug on bugzilla and upload the patch there - well send us a warning anyway ;)
In such a way we can test and commit your work.

Regards,