[Kde-imaging] Print Wizard Plugin (discussion transferred from digikam-users list)

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Fri Sep 29 22:05:50 CEST 2006

(This started in Digikam-users: Gilles has suggested continuing here. )

On Saturday 30 September 2006 18:35, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> If you talking about Todd Shoemakers, he don't maintain the print wizzard
> kipi-plugin anymore.
>
> A new maintainer is require to improve fix this plugin.
>
> Note that digikam-user ML is not the right way to talking with kipi-plugin
> team. You need to use the kde-imaging at kde.org ML.

Gilles, thanks.

You know much more about how these things work than I do - I don't pretend to
be any expert in programming, but from what I remember of the code I think I
could manage to change the relevant section of the print wizard so that it
would read paper sizes and layout info from a config file.  This would at
least allow more technically minded users to create custom paper sizes and
layouts without having to recompile the whole thing!

I can, of course, compile and test any modifications on my own machine - and
I'm pretty unlikely to use any obscure libraries or anything since I don't
know what they are!

But I have no idea how any modifications would get into the 'released' code -
how do such things work?

--
David Aldred