[Kde-imaging] library versioning question

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Mon Sep 25 10:33:39 CEST 2006

Alle 09:59, lunedì 25 settembre 2006, Tom Albers ha scritto:

> I really did miss that commit ;-) As far as I saw only members where added,
> not parameters changed or swapped or that kind of stuff. Can you point me to
> the correct commits?
Not yet, but as far as i understood, there were people who want to add
some breaking changes. But I maybe wrong.

> The lib-version numbering is not similar to application numbering, there are
> rules. If only methods are added then the middle number has to increase if i
> recall correctly.
Of course you're right. IIRC
-version-info set to current:revision:age
The age parameter is not so clear for me though :(

> Again, I don't recall any commits to libkexif since the release, so a new
> version number should not be needed.
>
> > I'm not sure of that, but surely we won't release it any more if not
> > necessary. If someone wants to use libkexif can go on with the project
> > without us.
>
> Yes, and the tarball is at sourceforge for those who want to use it. But it
> can stay in svn if you prefer that....
I don't, but is there any real good reason to remove the code from svn?
If no one care about it we can remove it from Makefile.am first and then
we can decide. WDYT?
AFAIK we haven't removed old html plugin yet ;)