[Kde-imaging] extragear/libs/kipi-plugins

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Fri Sep 22 14:12:09 CEST 2006

Alle 12:26, venerdì 22 settembre 2006, Tom Albers ha scritto:
> > I decided to create this plugin because i thought it was really
> > needed.  I don't mind if it isn't released with kipi-plugins
> > officially, it can always be downloaded and compiled.  However,
> > libgpod doesn't support this functionality in the latest stable
> > release.
>
> No worries, we can rely on it, if the distro does not want to pack it they can
> disable the plugin. I only wanted to say that we should try to avoid it as
> much as possible.
Agreed.  Seb didn't want to be rude sorry, only a suggestion.
Anyway the configure need to know the right version of a library if there are
conflicts with the old ones. That can make kipi-plugins compile even if the
library is not on the system and in such a case the distro packager can decide
what to do, e.g. install the right one or avoid the reated plugin - that is not compiled
as default in that case.

Regards,
	Angeòlo