[Kde-imaging] RFC: next kipi & co. generation

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Sep 22 08:04:15 CEST 2006

On Thursday 21 September 2006 22:46, Angelo Naselli wrote:
> Hi guys,
> vacations are finished, at least mine :)
> and we should start talking about next releases.
> Gilles has done a lot of working and
> looks forward having a lot of bugs to fix ;)
> I won't be very present until next 28th October because
> Mandriva 2007 is near to be released and here in Italy
> we'll have the Linux Day event to prepare - not to say
> the time for my real job :).
> Anyway trying to do the point of the situation,
> what is the state of the art of the new libkipi?
> All the reworking has been done?

Jain have added a new method to get virtual Tags folders like Physical folder
from host database. i think he have used this methods into Flickr Plugin. In
digiKam 0.9.0, the kipiinterface support this method and need to be tested
indeep.

Jain, what's up ?

To have used recently the Flickr plugin, i think that dialog layout need to be
improved. Jain I can send you a patch for that. What do you think about ?

> Which is the compatibility with all the host applications?
> I mean if they need to be rebuilt, we should think that libkipi
> should increase the version to 0.2.0 but maybe we should anyway.

In libkipi, there is an important wish about to give a tree folders list if
the host support album == folder. I think we must fixed this point for the
next release.

Aurelien, I'm sure you libkipi with album==folder. What do you think about?

In libkipi, i would to add 2 new virtual method to set/get GPS position
(altitude, longitude, and latitude) to set/get this informations from the
host database. In digiKam will not support yet this informations, but in the
future we will do it. These new methods will work exactly like set/get
orientation methods do.

> Moreover to test new kipi-plugins we have to decide if to have
> a cycle like the old one - well not so long though ;) -
> e.g. betaX and rcX or reduce it. IMO we can have 0.1.9x
> - x from 1 to 3 should be enough but we can go to 9 and in the worst
> case adding 0.2.0 rcX :) -
>
> ASAP I'll try to have a look through bko again and understand if
> we have a lot to fix or not.

In JPEgLossLess, I have a bug to fix about to set the utime of rotated files.

In the new GPSSync plugin, there are some improvement to do before the next
beta release :

- add option to set correlate time average between GPS device and camera.
- add option to set the timezonz of picture.
- add interpolation method.

I have posted a message in this room about to remove the current Exif-restorer
implementation from each plugin, and to use the new exiv2iface class instead.
No responses (:=((. I need to do it myself ?