[Kde-imaging] "GPS sync" kipi plugin...

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Wed Sep 20 19:13:38 CEST 2006

Le Mardi 19 Septembre 2006 05:16 PM, Gerhard Kulzer a écrit :
> Am Dienstag, 19. September 2006 14:59 schrieb Gilles Caulier:

> > > No, I'm _not_ a GPS device, but I _have_ one (:-))
> > > I put 2 files into
> > > ftp://digikam3rdparty@ftpperso.free.fr/TEST_IMAGES/GPS
> >
> > Your files are gpspoint or gpsbabel format ?
> >
> > Actually the implementation only support gpspoint...
> >
> > Gilles
>
> Great surprise Gilles !!! You are the best and fastest...
> The mps file is Mapsource and the July 2006 is a gpsman(ager) file. I don't
> know in what format it is saved but it is ASCII text, easily readable.

I have take a look into your file. The only way to read it is to use GPSBalbel
program. Do you know ?

http://www.gpsbabel.org

To be compatible with a large GPS device file format, I think it's the better
way. I need to convert the original GPS file data to another standard one,
witch will provide an unique file data parser in plugin.

Achim, is gpsbabel is availalble for Debian. There is no license problem to
use it.

Note : GPSBabel is not a library. this is want mean that you will add a
run-time depency with this plugin, like we do with ImageMagick and dcraw.

It's right for you ?