[Kde-imaging] graphicsmagick in kipi plugins

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Oct 18 23:31:34 CEST 2006

Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> KOffice now uses graphicsmagick instead of imagemagick.
>
> Ubuntu won't allow both *magicks into its archive since it's a
> duplication of code.  Are there any plans to have kipi plugins support
> graphicsmagick?

I think this was already answered a few days ago in either here or on
digikam, but I'm too lazy to look for the other mail... ;)

I think (going from memory!) that it will all work fine as we do not use
the *magick libs as libs but as command line apps via KProcess. That
being the case and as the graphicsmagick uses the same command line tool
names, it should all just work like..... wait for it..... "magick". :p

Col.