[Kde-imaging] extragear/libs/kipi-plugins (and common dir)

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Sat Oct 7 09:51:25 CEST 2006

Alle 14:54, venerdì 6 ottobre 2006, Aurélien Gâteau, @orange.fr ha scritto:
> On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:01:32 +0200, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at kdemail.net> wrote:
> > Ok, i have found the problem. In kipi-plugins Makefile.am, we using this
> > line :
> >
> > kipiplugin_rawconverter_la_DEPENDENCIES = $(LIBKIPI_LIBS_DEP)
> >
> > ... witch must be :
> >
> > kipiplugin_rawconverter_la_DEPENDENCIES = $(LIBKIPI_LIBS_DEP) \
> > 	$(top_builddir)/kipi-plugins/common/exiv2iface/libexiv2iface.la
> >
> > In DigikamImagePlugins, i don't use *_la_DEPENDENCIES with plugins. This
> > is
> > why automake check automaticly all depencies properlly.
> >
> > I have fixed in svn all Makefile.am from all kipi-plugins with depend of
> > libexiv2iface.la
>
> Just a (stupid) question: if it's common to all plugins, then why not keep it
> in libkipi?
Well as far as I can say there is some kipi-plugins stuff that should stay in
kipi-plugins tree.
I mean, for instance,  kipi-plugins version is important, till now the kipi plugins
version is confusing with libkipi one...

Even if i don't like the way we're using - static linking means we must
take care to put all the lib pathes into the plugin makefiles, if we need more
than one libs from common, the Makefile.am becomes awful (IMO of course) -
I believe we need a common place, anyway, were to put the common interfaces.
For instance we can have a class in which we manage a list of filenames
to have a unique "webbified" name for any of them and a unique relation
like that:
list filenames - list Image names
foo.jpeg         - foo
foo.png          - foo_1
foo.mpeg       - foo_2
and so on.
Another thing I'm working on, in the spare time (unfortunately very little
in these days) is to have a common about dialog interface.
I mean having something like KipipluginsAboutData that
extends KAboutData and contains all the data that is in common for
all the plugins, e.g. kipi-plugins web page, version, maybe logo,...
and that needs data like plugins name, maybe version, description
authors and license.
That should solve the problem that people often do not understand
they're using kipi-plugins and help us to have the same way to show
the about dialog. Well maybe we can extend in the same way
the help button, or... :)
In that way I'd prefer a share library instead, something like libkipipluginsstuff.