[Kde-imaging] flickr upload interface

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Nov 17 17:57:29 CET 2006

Vardhman,

Vardhman Jain wrote:
> I am the owner and maintainer of the plugin. I will look around this on
> the weekend and make sure you suggestions and efforts are used in
> improving the plugin.

I've not really looked at the flickr UI (generally, not the .ui file
Aaron posted!), but I posted a while ago my desire to potentially take
Gallery and Flickr export plugins and combine them to a Websync plugin
and add support for e.g. Googles Picasaweb and other online photo
archives from one plugin.

Emphasis would be placed on synchronisation rather than one off export
(athough this would also be possible).

Not knowing the UI of the Flickr plugin makes this suggestion a little
premature (I'll try and have a look very soon!).

Just with this short description, do you think it would be something
you'd be interested in?

FWIW, I added multiple account support to Gallery a while back and
figured that adding a "type" field to an account definition and
abstracting the protocol level communication classes a little would
allow a mega all-singing, all-dancing websync plugin!

WDYT? Possible or even wise? Or just ditch the whole idea?

Col.