[Kde-imaging] Get system charset

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Nov 3 09:42:02 CET 2006

Le Mercredi 01 Novembre 2006 11:14 PM, Valerio Fuoglio(UNTRUSTED, sender is
<kde-imaging-bounces-+caulier.gilles=kdemail.net at kde.org>) a écrit :
> Hi,
> I have some problem printing QString strings with correct charset.
>
> First of all, I get comments from an image (with Exiv2IFace):
>
> commentsString = QString::fromUtf8( exiv2Iface.getComments() );
>
> And, when I have to print out that qstring, I need to know system
> charset to make the choice between local8Bit or utf8 constant.
>
> Please, somebody knows how can I get system charset?
>
> Thanks
> Regards
> 	Valerio

Valerio,

Don't use Exiv2Ifave to get Image Comments, but the host application kipi
interface.

Some file formats cannot embeded Comments. This is why the host application
store this one in a separate way (digiKam database for example).

The returned string is a QString, and the encoding format is easy to parse
with Qt API

Look like it's done into SendImages plugins to get comments from host.