[Kde-imaging] Breaking Binary Compatibility in libkipi ?

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Sat May 27 11:42:19 CEST 2006

Le Samedi 27 Mai 2006 10:17 AM, Angelo Naselli a écrit :
> Alle 09:20, sabato 27 maggio 2006, Vardhman Jain ha scritto:
> > Hi,
> >         After discussing with Gilles I learnt that I would have to add
> > some code to the libkipi/interface.h file in the enum Features
> > Meaning a new enum field has to be added like
> > ImagesHaveTags = 1 << 9
> >
> > And an else if condition to hasFeatures code in libkipi/interface.cpp for
> > the same.
> >
> > This will be probably breaking binary compatibility. I would like to ask
> > if this is okay with the other developers or I have to hold on ?
>
> Ok what do you think if we close the 0.1.0 release and break libkipi
> once and for all?
> It seems we haven't any big bugs impact yet, that means no one use
> new kipi or this version is a little bit more stable :).
> Well the download rate on sf shows the last release was downloaded
> more...
>
> There are two things I'd like to have fixed though, the
> bug 113557 (critical) and the gallery 1 compatibility broken.
> Well I'd like to understand also bug #127476 since I believe
> i have the same very slow printing time, I guess if it is mandriva's
> or ghostscript with hp drivers, Toma can you help me in that?
>
> Ehm two more things:
> - is it easier changing libkipi to fix 88118?
> - we should point out well who maintains what.
>
>    Angelo

I'm agree with Angelo. We can broke the BC after to fix these little bug in
B.K.O. I will take a look this week end if i can fix my hosts computer
because my main board is completly broken... I hope that HDD is safe (:=)))).
I'm working with my poor laptop, and it's very slow...

else, i'm back in my office next week. I will working on at this moment.