[Kde-imaging] digiKam "Export to Remote Gallery - sub-galleries don't show up

Bruce Best brucebest at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 18:53:55 CET 2006

I am using digiKam and the kipi-plugin gallery remote export module to
upload photos to my website running Drupal (www.drupal.org), using the
Drupal Gallery Remote module available at
http://lsb.blogdns.net/software/galleryremote/. It is a great way to upload
lots of photos to my website.

I have set up a number of image galleries on my site, each of which has
several sub-galleries. However, when using digiKam, only the 1st level
galleries are accessible through the digiKam gallery remote client. The
result is that I can upload the pictures to my "Photos" gallery, but not to
my "Photos / 2006" sub-gallery.

I noticed on the demo site for the Drupal gallery remote module, at
http://lsb.blogdns.net/pages/gallery-remote-applet, which uses a Java
client, the sub-galleries are accessible. Is this a limitation of the
"remote export" function in digiKam /kipi plugin, or is it something to do
with how I've set up my image galleries in Drupal?

Thanks,

-- B.