[Kde-imaging] Digikam patch - a little C++ help needed

Jens Benecke jens at spamfreemail.de
Sun Jun 25 13:00:19 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have prepared (together with Caulier Gilles) a patch that lets the user
configure the thumbnail and icon size used in Digikam's sidebars (for
album, tag, search and date views). This patch works fine, the only thing
missing is the ability to redraw the views when the user actually changes
the icon size - currently the new setting is only read after a restart of
Digikam.

I'm guessing I need to emit a signal like iconSizeChanged() upon saving the
settings, and connect this to a slot that loops over all QListViewItems in
each sidebar, calling setPixmap() for each one. But I'm not sure exactly
how to do that, and whether it's the best way.

Can anybody help?

Thank you!

--
Jens Benecke (jens at spamfreemail.de)