[Kde-imaging] GwenView and kipi plugins

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Tue Jun 20 22:48:02 CEST 2006

Alle 20:45, martedì 20 giugno 2006, Anne Wilson ha scritto:
Hi Anne nice to see you again :)

> I haven't done much photography lately, so I hadn't used GwenView since I
> installed Fedora Core 4.  One of the things I liked about GV was the printing
> through kipi plugins, but I can't see any sign that the kipi plugins are
> being recognised.  It seems to me that there are quite a number of things
> missing from the menus.
>
> Yum tells me that I do have installed
> libkipi.i386 libkexif.i386 kipi-plugins.i386
I'm not a real fedora user but as all the rpm based distro
you can run the command rpm -q to know about installed packages.
rpm -qa | grep libkipi
(and after liblexif and kipi-plugins and why not gwenview)
should tell you which version of those packages (and if they are)
are installed.

> Am I missing some other vital package?
No it should work if they are in, except if the fedora packager
didn't build gwenview with the "--enable-kipi" option.

HTH