[Kde-imaging] Start working on next kipi release

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Jul 16 13:32:18 CEST 2006

Tom Albers wrote:
> Op vrijdag 14 juli 2006 09:48, schreef Angelo Naselli:
>> 1) svn copy our stable to have a tag in which we can always make some
>>     important bug fixing (I wonder if we'll use it though...)
>
> Done.
> http://websvn.kde.org/tags/kipi-plugins/
>
> Everyone can tag a release btw, simply:
> ~/tags/kipi-plugins$ svn cp ../../trunk/extragear/libs/kipi-plugins 0.1.2

It should be noted that no-one should commit in this tag.

SVN convension states that the /tags/ path is static. i.e. it is created
(and sometimes deleted if you're doing housekeeping) but never modified.

If there needs to be a bugfix release we should create a branch of
/tags/0.1.2 called e.g. /branches/0.1.2a and commit changes in there.

When done, the branch would then be svn cp'ed to a new tag and release
made. This could either become release 0.1.2a or release 0.1.3 (I'm
thinking that seeing as the next release is going to provide some ABI
incompatibilities, that we should at least increment the minor revision
number: e.g. 0.2)

Col.