No subject

Sat Jan 21 00:07:45 CET 2006

1) I don't care about the modulization brought to me by kipi/kipi-plugins. I
regard at least some functionality (export, printing, ...) as basics for a
photo management app so I would install it anyway. Having the kipi stuff
resist inside digikam makes installation even easier for me so it's a good
thing (TM). It was always hard for me to understand why I have this
additional packages to get basic functions but on the other hand showfoto
resists directly inside digikam, which is not directly linked with the app I
want.

2) Digikam releases are available on a regular basis and when they include
updates to kipi-plugins stuff I would highly appreacheate this over slow
kipi-plugins releases.

3) When I have a problem I can go straight to the digikam ML without thinking
about "is this actualy a kipi problem?" - and I guess I meat the same nice
people cause they do the work anyway - same for bugs on bko.

4) Some constrains given my the modular approach knocked out, so e.g. the
INTEGRATION of the kipi functionality could be done as it fits best into
digikam, not as dictated by modular design (hopefully this could bring some
cleanups to the menus!).

CONCLUSION: From my point of view as a digikam user there are many advantages
for integrating the functions provided by kipi-plugins back into
digikam-core. Now I want to hear your opinions, that means opinions of the
devels, other digikam user and user of other KDE apps that use kipi (and
might get some disadvantages from the reintegration of kipi into digikam).
Looking at the archives I wonder whether there are any non-digikam people on
that list at all?

Regards,
Sebastian