[Kde-imaging] kameraklient crashing

michaeljgruber+kde-imaging at fastmail.fm michaeljgruber+kde-imaging at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 14 12:47:11 CET 2006

Angelo Naselli venit, vidit, dixit 2006-02-06 17:57:
> Alle 17:35, lunedì 6 febbraio 2006, Michael J Gruber ha scritto:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I just started using KPhotoAlbum (snapshot) with the kipi plugins. The
>> kameraklient keeps crashing the main app. I reproduced this also with
>> released versions of Gwenview and Kimdaba 2.1, so it's a matter of the
>> plugin. You can find a more detailed decription below.
> did you try with svn kipi-plugins as well?
> If so you can fill a bug report in bugs.kde.org. Before doing that of course
> check if someone has already found it. So you can add your comments
> and experience. (sorry if you're already expert in it).

I confirmed that bug in version 0.1.2 of kameraklient on Suse (the one
in FC4 was 0.1.0). The only recent change in SVN is a one-liner in
cameraiconview.cpp. I applied that change to the version 0.1.2 code, and
now the crash is gone, hooray! At least on Suse, still have to compile
on my FC4 box at home.

Cheers,
Michael