[Kde-imaging] Xmas pressies - anyone recommend a good GPS device?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Thu Dec 14 08:15:22 CET 2006

Hi,

searching for a good GPS device gets one into
a nice jungle of technical specifications, chipsets,
biased and unbiased comparisons/opinions/... etc.
I will try to post a summary once I see a bit clearer.
BTW: is there a wiki for kde-imaging/digikam which
we could use to collect this type of information (if there is interest)?

Concerning the Sony GPS-CS1:
Does anyone here already own this?
Does anyone know, what chipset it is using?
And if yes, what is the accuracy?
(In particular in comparison with the garmin devices?)

Doing omething like
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=57588
might be interesting ...

Best, Arnd