[Kde-imaging] About next release

Vardhman Jain vardhman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 21:09:04 CEST 2006

Hi all,
         This is probably off-topic but in relation to kipi-plugins release.

          I was just wondering if its really possible to have the kipi
plugins almost plug and play. I mean in most applications you simply
download the plugin and select the downloaded file to load the plugin thats
all. If this can be done for kipi-plugins somehow I guess they will be much
more user friendly and also the updates in them would be easier.

I truly have no Idea as to how difficult it is for implementing this thing,
but I want to assure you ppl would be very happy to have plugable plugins
rather than things which needs to be compiled when they have to update. (
firefox plugins for example are cool in this sense)

How-so many packages we compile some distros would be left undone, and user
will have to go though the compile, make , make install cylce, which many
ppl like to avoid.

just my 2 cents.
Vardhman

Blogs: http://vardhman.blogspot.com