[Kde-imaging] Creating a KIPI SourceForge project?

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Wed Sep 28 18:50:35 CEST 2005

This afternoon I decided to "put my foot where my mouth is" and tried to
upload the latest KIPI tarballs to ftp.kde.org. Then I realized the Slackware
packages I uploaded a few days ago where still idling in the upload dir.
Obviously ftp.kde.org is not very handy when it comes to releases.

While using Digikam SourceForge file area works better than ftp.kde.org, I
think KIPI needs his own file area, especially if people who are not Digikam
devs want to release files. This is not the case for now, since Digikam devs
are the most active on KIPI dev (We owe you a lot for this!), but even in the
current days I could have a use of it to release third-party binaries
packaged by Gwenview packagers. Therefore I suggest we create a KIPI
SourceForge project, which we would use as a file server (I think
extragear.kde.org/apps/kipi is ok for the website)

What do you think about this?