[Kde-imaging] Concept release announcements.

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Fri Sep 23 09:49:52 CEST 2005

> Angelo,
>
> I had downloaded and installed Mandriva 2006 RC2 on a new computer at
> work.
> It's a great release using KDE 3.4... but i have any problems to install
> properly digikam 0.8.0 from svn :
I tried the official one with kipi-plugins from svn and it seemed to
work.

> - digikamimageplugins isn't correctly installed. No plugins found when
> digikam
> session is started. (kipi plugins are correctly installed)...
> - digikamalbum and digikamdates protocols aren't properlly installed :
> digikam
> isn't suitable...

> Nota : I have used the same instructions from digikam README used with
> Mandriva 2005 to install digiKam & co. Something is certainly missing. I
> need
> to do any investigations about.

I'm not the digikam maintainer, but i can test it anyway with you to
understand what happens.
But consider svn is for developer so they probably don't look at it
as a mandriva bug.

BTW mandriva released 2006 isos yesterday....
I think i'll backport to mandriva 2006 all you're
going to release so we can test the built packages instead...