[Kde-imaging] ImageSelection dialog in kipi plugins

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Thu Oct 20 23:36:34 CEST 2005

Le Mercredi 19 Octobre 2005 09:47, Vardhman Jain a écrit :
> Hi all,
> As the discussion about kipi-plugins have started in the list, I would like
> to ask if it would be possible to have the image selection dialog in
> kipi-plugins be left to be implemented/overwritten by the host application?
>
> In this way the user will have similar interface for image selection for
> kipi-plugins as he has with the host application. Also the dialog could be
> rich and more customized if the application want it so.
>
> I am not very sure how will this be implemented by it should be like
> deriving a class from the imagedialog class in libkipi
>
> your viewpoints?

It can be done by adding a new virtual method to the KIPI::Interface which
would instanciate the dialog and return a pointer to it. However, I think
doing so would break binary compatibility. This could be integrated if we
ever go for the changes I suggested in my previous message (On-demand-loading
of KIPI plugins).