[Kde-imaging] Re: Digikam

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Wed Mar 9 22:06:01 CET 2005

Le mercredi 9 Mars 2005 19:00, vous avez écrit :
> Dear Gilles Caulier,
>
> First of all, many thanks for this great application.

Thanks.

> I would like to
> contribute to digikam

Welcome in the team (:=)))

> and to build a proper "web gallery" manager to it:
> in this way, multiple web sites & galleries with specific properties
> (user access, style) can managed.

web gallery must be created externally from digikam core using kipi-plugins
project (based on old digikam-plugins framework coming with digikam 0.6.x
series).

For more informations, take a look at kipi-plugins project page :

http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kipi

> Photos would be only uploaded if
> needed and just one time even if they appear in several galleries. I
> just wanted to check if anything similar is already under way.

There is already 2 differents plugins in this way :

- 'ImageGallery'  to create html 4.01 pages from image collections.
- 'GalleryExport' to export image collections to remote Gallery server.

If i have understand what you mean, you want created a new plugin to export
image collections in XHTML 1.x page. Right ?

I have created the first one, 'ImageGallery'. I think this plugin do not be
changed now and advanced HTML creation plugin must be implemented in new
plugin. This plugin implementation is based on Gallery konqueror plugin and
the code isn't really suitable (cannot use thread, cannot use XHTML, etc...).
We must create a new one.

The second one, 'GalleryExport' have been created by Renchi Raju, and i lets
him you explain this plugin.

Note: I have forwarded this mail to kipi mailling-list. all kipi developers
have registered to this ML. Please record your e-mail in (check kipi web page
for more informations).

Best regards.

Gilles Caulier