[Kde-imaging] KIPI and Kooka

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Wed Mar 2 15:09:39 CET 2005

Le mercredi 02 Mars 2005 03:00 PM, Klaas Freitag a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I started over the weekend to make Kooka, my scanning app
> (http://kooka.kde.org) using KIPI plugins.

Looking good...

> That works fine so far - thank you for the good work and
> that you took the burden to create a application independant
> image processing framework. This is a big step ahead IMHO.
>
> But let me ask one question - after program start and
> plugin) are inactive in the menu.
> Probably that is because at time of plugin loading no image
> is selected??!?

yes. Try to use kipi plugins with a different host like digiKam or kimdaba...

>  How do I propagate a selection change in my treeview to
> the KIPI plugins to change eg. the enabled-disabled state of
> the actions? A selection change happens if a user selects
> another image to view.

Take a look in DigikamKipiInterface implementation (file joined) :

DigikamKipiInterface::DigikamKipiInterface( QObject *parent, const char *name)
                     : KIPI::Interface( parent, name )
{
    albumManager_ = AlbumManager::instance();
    albumDB_      = albumManager_->albumDB();

    connect( albumManager_, SIGNAL( signalAlbumItemsSelected( bool ) ),
             SLOT( slotSelectionChanged( bool ) ) );

    connect( albumManager_, SIGNAL( signalAlbumCurrentChanged(Album*) ),
             SLOT( slotCurrentAlbumChanged(Album*) ) );
}

using slotSelectionChanged and slotCurrentAlbumChanged must help you fro that.
Are you see the beta documentation about libkipi at this url :

http://digikamplugins.free.fr/kipi/html/

a nice day.

--
Gilles Caulier