[Kde-imaging] Problem Building from SVN

Angelo Naselli random_lx at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 14:14:52 CEST 2005

> > > one more try.
>
> Finally the problem is solved. There seems to be a big BUG in
> kdemacros.h supplied with Fedora Core 3. I finally read about this
> visibility arg and read the file kdemacros.h to see the definition of
> KDE_EXPORT and of-course this is what was creating all the problem
>
> #define KDE_EXPORT __attribute__((visibility("visible"))); //KDE
> MACROS.h line number 39
>                                                                    -------------
> on changing the "visible" string to default compilation is working
> well. Now as the compiler says visibility arg must be "default",
> "hidden", "protected" or "internal", I don't understand how
> kdemacros.h can have it as "visible".
>
> ---
> Vardhman
Hi this awful patch I wrote to test if we can take this way should
cover the problem of having gcc and/or kdemacros.h error.

Of course it's not well done yet but can you test if it covers
your problem? (you should leave your old kdemacros.h settings).
This patch has the check for gcc4 cut off for mandiriva cooker
I apologize for that but i cannot do anything else by now.
that is only a test.

Let me know