[Kde-imaging] Upload to Gallery 2 Beta 3 does not work (no gallery_remote2.php)

Bernd Wurst bernd at bwurst.org
Sun Jul 17 10:30:32 CEST 2005

Hi there.

I did not find anything in the archives of this list nor in the forums
and archives of the Gallery project. So I am really confused if I'm the
only one encountering this problem.

I have a remote installation of Gallery 2 beta 3 ("Bingo"), the current
beta release of the Gallery script. I also tried upgrade to the very
latest snapshot release, but that didn't change anything.

Additionally, I have KIPI-Plugins version 0.1.0_beta2 in use via digiKam
0.7.3.

When I try to export to the gallery, I just get "No gallery found,
perhaps you entered the wrong URL" (just re-translated from germen, you
know what I mean. ;-) ).
I looked at the logs of the webserver and there is an error 404 for the
file gallery_remote2.php which does not exist on this gallery
installation.

The guys in the gallery forums aren't very helpful about this, the only
talk about "use the newest GalleryRemote java app" but I really don't
want to use this. :)
As I read in the Gallery docs & forums, there must have been an API
change from G1 to G2, so that gallery_remote2.php is no longer
required, but main.php must be used instead. But unfortunatly, main.php
seems not to speak the old protocol, so KIPI-GalleryExport cannot talk
to it.

Is this a known problem? Am I doing anything wrong? Should I use G2B2
instead? What do you suggest?

cu, Bernd

--
The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread.