[Kde-imaging] libkexif

Renchi Raju renchi.raju at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 10:10:24 CEST 2005

Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> I'm looking into using libkexif from KimDaBa, and have a few issues:
> First, if I use the kexif dialog, it would be nice if there where no reference
> to the competitor (digikam :-) Could we remove this reference in some way?

Umm... the reference comes from the kaboutdata (and its only visible if
you go into the help->about box), which is needed so that the bugreports
for libkexif come to digikam bugzilla. unless... you are willing to
handle/reassign the bugs when they hit kimdaba bugzilla entry :)

Additionally, you don't have to use the kexif dialog. You can use
kexifwidget to embed it into a dialog or any other widgets as you feel
suited.

> Second, I'd like to show the exif info in a different way in additional to
> using the dialog, currently KExifIfd is private API, could we change that?

What exactly do you want exposed from the API? The KExifIfd and
KExifEntry are fairly opaque currently and I don't believe they are very
useful currently for direct use.

renchi