[Kde-imaging] libkexif problems

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 29 21:57:41 CEST 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 September 2004 21:39, Renchi Raju wrote:
> | On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> | > I do have libexif install (at least so claims my suse)
> | >
> | > Attached are the requested files.
> |
> | from the config.log you sent:
> | ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> | configure:32646: WARNING: libexif >= 0.5.7 not found.
> | configure:32752: WARNING: Using old version of libexif.
> | configure:32759: WARNING: Can't find libexif. libkexif won't be compiled
> |
> | configure:36047: checking if libkexif should be compiled
> | configure:36059: result: no
> | configure:36047: checking if libkipi should be compiled
> | configure:36059: result: yes
> | ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> |
> | libkexif was not supposed to be compiled, since it could not find libexif
> | (you need the libexif development pkg). did you happen to step into the
> | libkexif directory to force compilation?
> Yes, it was not compiled, I though it was a dependency problem again, so I did
> this.

i believe if you install pkg-config, things should be golden again.

> Actually the rotate plugin did try to compile, and failed.

the rotate plugin will try to compile, since you are compiling it from the
same src tree as libkexif. there is no way to check that libkexif has been
fully compiled at the configure stage of kipi-plugins. but if you try to
do it from different src trees, the rotate plugin will be correctly
disabled.

renchi