[Kde-imaging] KIPI released

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 15 17:39:56 CEST 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Caulier Gilles wrote:

> Le mercredi 15 Septembre 2004 01:08, Renchi Raju a écrit :
> >
> > btw, whats the  "Fix libKexif dependencies" under Common Plugins task?
>
> I remember that some users have problems about the plugins compilation if
> libKexif isn't compiled before (autoconf/automake problem). This problem is
> fixed now ? I have forget something ?

both libkipi and libkexif need to be compiled (and installed if not in the
same source tree) before the plugins can be compiled. the Makefile.am (in
the root of kdeextragear-libs-1) has an option
"COMPILE_FIRST = libkexif libkipi" which ensures that this will happen (at
least it works with unsermake, not sure about automake). Also if
libkexif is installed from a separate tree, the dependencies are resolved
correctly (by make using of pkg-config). but, for libkipi there is no real
test to check for installation. this will be addressed when libkipi is
"pkg-configied", for which i'm waiting for approval from you and jesper.

once that is done and aurelien commits in the d-pointer stuff, libkipi can
be considered releaseworthy. the kipi-plugins still have some show-stopper
bugs against them and so its release will have to wait till those bugs
have been resolved.

renchi