Fwd: Re: [Kde-imaging] Progress? Soonish release?

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Sun Sep 5 18:17:20 CEST 2004

I realize that Aurelien sent this to me rather than to the list. As it is of
general interest for the list I forward.

Subject: Re: [Kde-imaging] Progress? Soonish release?
Date: Wednesday 01 September 2004 09:33
From: Aurélien Gâteau <aurelien.gateau at free.fr>
To: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>

Le mardi 31 Août 2004 10:02, vous avez écrit :
> So the most important thing is the selection widget, Aurelien you've been
> so quite, please let us know your status.

Hello, sorry for being so quite lately.
I thought I would be able to work on Gwenview and KIPI on my first week of
holiday, but real life decided I wouldn't (someone died in my family). Since
the second week of holiday was about getting some fresh air to forget a
little bit about that, I was also away from my computer.

Anyway, I'm back now. It would be nice to release KIPI soon. As far as I'm
concerned, the selection widget is not totally feature complete, but the API
can be frozen: implementing the missing features should not break Binary
Compatibility. Modifying plugins to use it won't break BC neither.

I realize I tried to bite more than I could chew: a busy work plus Gwenview
plus KIPI is a bit too much for me, so I'd like to focus on the most
important tasks. To me the most important task is to prepare for Binary
Compatibility, so I would like to work on moving all the data members of the
public classes to so called "d pointers", since completing the selection
widget can be post-poned to a later release.

I hope to find some time to work on it this week, if all of you agree with
this.

thousands of images?

http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba might be the answer.