[Kde-imaging] libkipi release again

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Fri Oct 8 16:04:57 CEST 2004

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Gilles Caulier wrote:

> Le vendredi 8 Octobre 2004 15:25, Gilles Caulier a écrit :
> > About the library, i have 2 points :
>
> Also, the release number must be updated in libkipi makefile.am ?
> Actually there is this line :
>
> libkipi_la_LDFLAGS = $(all_libraries) $(KDE_RPATH) \
> 		-version-info 0:0:0 -no-undefined
>
> We need to update '-version-info 0:0:0' to '-version-info 0:1:0' ?

i believe this is to left at 0:0:0. the library version
info usually has little or no connection to actual release version. you
bump this version info up whenever you make a new release. i'm not very
sure on this one. some distros make modifications to the version info for
compatiblity reasons, for eg, on debian i have libexif.so.10.0.0  (for
libexif v6.9)

renchi