[Kde-imaging] libkipi release again

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Fri Oct 8 15:42:16 CEST 2004

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Gilles Caulier wrote:

> About my plugins :
>
> ==> CDArchiving -> Bugs to fix during beta.
> ==> ImagesGallery -> Bugs to fix during beta.

so are we releasing a beta release of kipi-plugins first? i thought the
plan was to consolidate a list of stable plugins and make a stable release
soon.

> Important:  'DirOperations', 'GammaCalibration', 'WallPaper' ==> Really need
> to have these plugins. These operations can be easily implemented in the
> hosts. I hope to remove these plugins. Your viewpoints ?

i'm ok with these plugins being remove. 'diroperations' assumes
imagecollection is a directory, which makes it limited to some apps.
and the functionality of 'gammacalibration' and 'wallpaper' might be
redundant with existing functionality in kde.

> About the library, i have 2 points :
>
> ==> We can add a new virtual method in kipi interface when a new album is
> added to the host' image collections (like in AcquireImages or
> BatchProcessImages dialogs). This method will do nothing per default. In
> Digikam this method can be used for to call the Albums properties dialog for
> to set the Album collection, date, comments, etc.
>
> ==> Rename the 'AlbumsUseFirstImagePreview' to 'AlbumsUseImagePreview' since
> Digikam can set a specific preview image for an Album (not necessary the
> first image). We can add a new virtual method for to get the image preview
> url used by the host. This method will do nothing per default.

i would like to have these deferred to a later release, if possible.

renchi