[Kde-imaging] Selecting images for plugins

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Mon Jun 28 17:40:26 CEST 2004

Le lundi 28 Juin 2004 16:19, Jesper K. Pedersen a écrit :
> | from aurelien's mail:
> |
> | <quote>
> | If we agree on having libkipi (not the host app) supply a widget for
> | album selection (I'll call it KIPI::AlbumSelector for now), then we can
> | have an AlbumSelector::images() method for plugins which needs it.
> | The current* methods should only be used by dialog-less plugins.
> | As far as I'm concerned, I think the current* methods are ok. Plugins
> | which modify the images should use currentSelection() only, plugins which
> | only read images should use either one of the three methods.
> | </quote>
>
> In that case, I'm utterly confused. Aurelien, please state your complete
> suggestion of what you want changed compared to what it is today.

Sorry, my opinion changed a bit, that's why you get confused. I originally
wanted to use your Interface::Browser idea which would remove all needs for
the allAlbums() thing, but since you don't seem to like it anymore, I forget
this (look, look, I'm making compromise :-D !).

What I want now is:
- All dialog based plugins use a libkipi widget (KIPI::AlbumSelector) to
  select albums.
- All dialog less read-only plugins use currentSelection() or currentScope().
- All dialog less plugins which modifies images use currentSelection() only.

Does anyone agree on this?