[Kde-imaging] Selecting images for plugins

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 28 16:17:28 CEST 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:10:00 +0200
"Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk> wrote:

> | > Well this is what Aurelien want to change.
> |
> | is that so. then i was have been misreading his emails. Aurelien, can you
> | clarify this?
> If I understand things correct (and I hope I do, otherwise I've been arguing
> the wrong things ;-) then Aurelien want to remove all usages of current*, and
> want instead all plugins to use the class we are talking about, so all
> plugins look the same, namely with an album selector

from aurelien's mail:

<quote>
If we agree on having libkipi (not the host app) supply a widget for album
selection (I'll call it KIPI::AlbumSelector for now), then we can have an
AlbumSelector::images() method for plugins which needs it.
The current* methods should only be used by dialog-less plugins.
As far as I'm concerned, I think the current* methods are ok. Plugins which
modify the images should use currentSelection() only, plugins which only read
images should use either one of the three methods.
</quote>