[Kde-imaging] Selecting images for plugins

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 28 16:04:42 CEST 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:

> Le lundi 28 Juin 2004 14:37, Jesper K. Pedersen a écrit :
> > | You mean something like this?
> > |
> > | class AlbumSelector {
> > |   void setMultiSelection(bool);
> > | }
> > |
> > | Then if the plugin calls setMultiSelection(false) then "auto-selecting"
> > | won't happen? This is ok for me.
> >
> > Something like that yes, and then the check boxes was replaced with radio
> > buttons.
> >
> > However, can you come up with an example where this would be needed? I mean
> > to plugins it will in the end just be a set of images.
>
> The web export plugin would be a good candidate: it wants only one
> ImageCollection to get the name and comment.

this might not be the best example. the web export plugin behaves exactly
like the cd archiving plugin and uses multiple album selection. as i see
it, if a plugin doesn't need multiple albums then it doesn't need an album
selector widget. it can just use the currentAlbum() function.

> I think the selector could have the following API:
>
> class AlbumSelector {
>   void setMultiSelection(bool);
>
>   // Returns the selected image collection.
>   // Only valid if multi collection is off
>   ImageCollection imageCollection() const;
>
>   // Returns the images of all selected image collection.
>   // An image won't appear twice in the returned list.
>   KURL::List images() const;
> }
>
> What do you think about this?

why all images() here?