[Kde-imaging] New! Digital camera client KIPI plug-in

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Thu Jun 24 14:22:58 CEST 2004

On Thursday 24 June 2004 14:01, Tudor Calin wrote:
| Hello everybody!
| This is my first post!
| The basic idea is that I made a KIPI plugi-in that gets images from a
| digital camera.
| The plug-in  is based on Digikamcameraclient by Renchi Raju.
| Much of the original functionality was removed because I want this
| plug-in only to download, upload, delete images from cameras.
| Anyway those features are very probably to be found in the hosting
| applications.
| Others like renaming the images are to be implemented in the future.
|
| Most of the work was made without making tests with a real digital
| camera since I don't have one of my own.
| Two weeks ago it was OK with a Canon PowerShot S20 and the last test I
| made yesterday with an USB stick was also OK.
| It downloaded, uploaded and deleted everything I tried without any problem.
| However, I am ready for unpleasant surprises. Any feed-back. will be
| apreciated.
| I still have to put some order in the code and also to solve some
| details. Consider it as an alpha version.
| Thanks to Aurelien Gateau for its support and very useful advices and
| also to Renchi Raju (he still has ~ 85% of the code in this plug-in).
|
| I am also expecting some details about how, where and when to submit the
| code.
This sounds like a very nice addition to the existing plugins, and for KimDaBa
which do not have such features currently I look much forward to seeing it.

I vote for putting it in keg-libs-1/kipi-plugins.
Let me know if you do not have a CVS account for KDE cvs, and I'll put in a
word for you.

Cheers
Jesper.