[Kde-imaging] New! Digital camera client KIPI plug-in

Tudor Calin tudor at 1xtech.ro
Thu Jun 24 13:45:55 CEST 2004

Hello everybody!
This is my first post!
The basic idea is that I made a KIPI plugi-in that gets images from a
digital camera.
The plug-in  is based on Digikamcameraclient by Renchi Raju.
Much of the original functionality was removed because I want this
plug-in only to download, upload, delete images from cameras.
Anyway those features are very probably to be found in the hosting
applications.
Others like renaming the images are to be implemented in the future.

Most of the work was made without making tests with a real digital
camera since I don't have one of my own.
Two weeks ago it was OK with a Canon PowerShot S20 and the last test I
made yesterday with an USB stick was also OK.
It downloaded, uploaded and deleted everything I tried without any problem.
However, I am ready for unpleasant surprises. Any feed-back. will be
apreciated.
I still have to put some order in the code and also to solve some
details. Consider it as an alpha version.
Thanks to Aurelien Gateau for its support and very useful advices and
also to Renchi Raju (he still has ~ 85% of the code in this plug-in).

I am also expecting some details about how, where and when to submit the
code.

All the best,
Tudor Calin