[Kde-imaging] ImageCollection or Browser

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Mon Jun 21 00:56:13 CEST 2004

Le lundi 21 Juin 2004 00:25, vous avez écrit :
> Actually I'm afraid that I've changed my mind on it after having slept on
> it for quite a few nights ,-)
>
> Unfortunately now isn't really the time to make deep thoughts, so I'll
> postpone answerting this till tomorrow.
>
> In the meantime, Aurelien, please lets reiterate, why is it we want to
> change things as they are now?

The initial problem is the inconsistency of the way plugins get their images
from the host app. There is both a GUI inconsistency and an API one, because
there are many (too many IMO) methods to get an image list: currentAlbum(),
currentSelection(), currentScope().
My initial suggestion was to modify plugins so that they call allAlbums() and
show the album names in a QListView, with the currentAlbum() selected by
default. You had a problem with this solution because KimDaBa could not
return all albums in the allAlbums() method, so you suggested the
KIPI::Browser class.