[Kde-imaging] Summary of the TODO

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Fri Jun 18 22:04:16 CEST 2004

After these exchanges, I'm going to summarize what has been said. For now, I
will stick to libkipi only.

To be discussed:
1. Define the way plugins should access host app images. Current choices are:
- Use ImageCollections
- Use Interface::Browser class suggested by Jesper in the
"libkipi/libkipi/design" document.

2. In the same way, define how plugins should give images to the host app.
Current choices are:
- Interface::addImage
- Define a class similar to Interface::Browser, which we could call
Interface::Importer

3. Make a decision on some terms: should we use "album" or "image collection"
or both (if so, explain the difference in a README file)

4. Agree on the category list.

5. Define KIPI and plugin versioning so that we don't get mixed version bugs
(I think this could be done by correctly defining lib version numbers, but I
might be missing something here).

6. Define what helper widgets/dialog we should provide to plugins. Right now
we have:
  - ImageCollectionDialog (Poor name, should be ImageSelectDialog)
  - UploadWidget

To be done:
- Review all classes to polish the API before freezing it.

- Improve BC strength with d pointers.

- Add functions for copying/moving/renaming files, or do we all agree that the
ImageInfo::cloneData() method is enough?

- Write some documentation. I'm thinking about Doxygen class documentation
plus a squeleton app and a squeleton plugin to serve as examples.

If it's ok for you, I'll add this to the CVS, and we can start discussing
point number 1.