[Kde-imaging] Re: [Digikam-devel] Moving the digikam imageeditor "imageplugins" in kdeextragear-libs-1

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 9 01:35:10 CEST 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Caulier Gilles wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Renchi have provide recently an excelent implementation of Digikam image
> editor with a plugin interface. I hope that will be moved on
> kdeextragear-libs-1...
>
> Your viewpoints ?

these plugins are specific for the digikam image editor. the interface and
plugins deal with data in raw pixel mode (unsigned int to be specific).
there are digikam specific stuff in it like imlib2 based image operations
and preview painting, and dynamic gui generation code (not xmlgui based
nor kipi gui building based), which i'm not sure other will be willing to
use.

renchi