[Kde-imaging] Should plugins be unloaded before app exit?

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Sun Jul 18 18:12:59 CEST 2004

I found a crash in the camera client plugin, where the plugin on exit tries to
save its data using KGlobal.

This is, however, after kimdaba has started deleting itself (I guess), the
error was:
#9  0x410ed178 in qFatal (
    msg=0x4099ef20 "Fatal error: you need to have a KInstance object
before\nyou do anything that requires it! Examples of this are
config\nobjects, standard directories or translations.") at
tools/qglobal.cpp:574
#10 0x408db81d in KGlobal::dirs ()
    at /packages/kde-src/kdelibs/kdecore/kglobal.cpp:55

Now my question is:
Should we either requested from the host apps that they properly unloads
plugins before existing, or should we instead tell plugins not to implement
anything in their destructors?

Cheers
Jesper.