[Kde-imaging] Re: Operator== for ImageCollection

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Sat Jul 17 10:38:18 CEST 2004

On Saturday 17 July 2004 10:29, Aurelien Gateau wrote:
| Hi!
|
| I'm working on ImageCollectionSelector, I implemented the behaviour Jesper
| expected (if currentAlbum is not in allAlbums, select all image
| collections). To do so I need to check if an image collection is equal to
| another. Right now I implemented it according to the attached patch. Does
| it look ok?
|
| If it sounds good I'll commit this and my work on ImageCollectionSelector
| today.
This assumes that the same image collection is returned twice as the same
pointer, doesn't it? At least I simply create a new ImageCollectionShared
each time, so it would not work out of the box for me - of course I would
never return true anyway, so you should not worry about me, but I'm
considering what every one else does (including new host apps in the future)

Maybe it would be better to check if the set of images was the same in the two
collections instead. That of course bears the risk that you have the same
pictures in two albums, but how likely is that?

Cheers
Jesper.