[Kde-imaging] bootstrap error in kdeextragear-libs-1

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Fri Jul 2 22:10:15 CEST 2004

Am Wednesday 30 June 2004 08:31 schrieb Jesper K. Pedersen:

> | *** Creating configure
> | configure.in:294: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_WARN
> |       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
> | m4_pattern_allow. See the Autoconf documentation.
> | gmake[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
> | gmake: *** [all] Error 2
>
> I had a similar error, and needed to install an extra suse package on my
> system (which to me seemed rather unrelated). Of course I do not remember
> which, but I found it by searching google.

Well, that didn't work out here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't a
working autoconf/automake installation be sufficient to bootstrap a kde
module and all other dependencies should only matter at configure-time? I can
reproduce this error readily on several freebsd machines with several
different automake/autoconf versions, however it does seem to work on a SuSE
9.1 (with a full desktop/devel complement of installed packages, not too
useful for comparison...).

If anybody has a clue what could be wrong here, please don't hesitate to send
me patches to try.... As long as kdeextragear-libs-1 remains unbootstrapable
on FreeBSD, we can't do any testing of it and kdeextragear-3 at all.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org