[Kde-imaging] List of Digikam plugins to port in a first time to LIBKIPI on KDE CVS !

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Fri Apr 30 08:58:03 CEST 2004

Le Vendredi 30 Avril 2004 00:53, Aurelien Gateau a écrit :
> Le jeudi 29 Avril 2004 15:04, Jesper K. Pedersen a écrit :
> > | 11- Calendar -> uncomplete feature. Can be ported but must be improved
> > | by Renchi Raju. (Renchi Raju <renchi at pooh dot tam dot uiuc dot edu>)
>
> This evening I was thinking about the file dialog of this one: since KIPI
> albums are not dir based, I think we could replace the KFileDialog with a
> dialog which would let the user choose an image from the album files.
>
> In a first version, this dialog could just show a KListView, then we could
> make a more advanced one which would show a thumbnail and other image
> information.
>
> What do you think about this?

Sure, this a possible way. But I think the Digikamplugins port to LIBKIPI must
be done with this stages :

1/ -> Simple port. No new features.
2/ -> Integration of Libkipi on all potential images clients :
Digikam/Kimdaba/Gwenview/Showimg.
3/ -> Testing and debuging like this.
4/ -> Released the LibKipi and Images clients -> Users feedback !
5/ -> Created a full list of common needed/news features.
6/ -> Added/improved features of LibKipi. Change/adapted some concepts if
necessary.
7/ -> Adapted the libkipi integration in images clients if necessary
8/ -> Re-testing and validate like this.
9/ -> Released Libkipi and the images clients.

Your viewpoints (:=)))...

regards
--
Gilles Caulier