[Kde-imaging] List of Digikam plugins to port in a first time to LIBKIPI on KDE CVS !

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Fri Apr 30 08:43:21 CEST 2004

On Friday 30 April 2004 00:53, Aurelien Gateau wrote:
| Le jeudi 29 Avril 2004 15:04, Jesper K. Pedersen a écrit :
| > | 11- Calendar -> uncomplete feature. Can be ported but must be improved
| > | by Renchi Raju. (Renchi Raju <renchi at pooh dot tam dot uiuc dot edu>)
|
| This evening I was thinking about the file dialog of this one: since KIPI
| albums are not dir based, I think we could replace the KFileDialog with a
| dialog which would let the user choose an image from the album files.
|
| In a first version, this dialog could just show a KListView, then we could
| make a more advanced one which would show a thumbnail and other image
| information.
|
| What do you think about this?
First I think all plugins should as images used, start looking for a
selection, and then look for current album.
Thus only very few plugins should use a file selector in the first place.
Having said that, sure your idea sounds perfectly OK, not sure how it should
be implemented to be really usefull, remember kimdaba does not have the
concept of album.