[Kde-imaging] Re: Fwd: Portin questions.

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Thu Apr 29 15:06:49 CEST 2004

On Thursday 29 April 2004 14:59, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> [...]
| > |
| > | Hum, CdArchiving use the « Albums library » concept -> One folder for
| > | to merge all Albums. Actually, Digikam use one subfolder for each album
| > | (like iphoto i'm think... dixit Renchi), but in the future, Digikam
| > | will supported subfolder (for 0.7.0).
| >
| > Well its not even a matter of subfolders.
| > KimDaBa e.g. doesn't have the concept of albums, so there albums will be
| > built conceptually on the fly from browsing information.
| > So an album may contain images from several different folders spread out
| > over the harddisk.
|
| OK...
|
| > | So, In CDarchiving, I ready for that :
| > |
| > | -> K3b XML project creation -> Save the selectied albums and the
| > | subforders in (backup).
| >
| > I'm not sure I understand the above, but if K3b requires all files to be
| > in one folder
|
| -> It's not necessary. I you can add some other folders if you want...
Can you also also add a single file rather than a folder?
In kimdaba a virtual album may consist of files from several folders, where
not all files from each folder are in teh album,

| > , I guess the solution is to copy the files to a temp folder.
|
| No. For example, I have a big photo library (over 7 Gb on my Harddrive) !!!
| You undersand the problem when i want saved that with my DVD recorder
| (:=)))
Sure if it can be avoided, it should of course be avoided ;-)

| > | -> HTML gallery -> just an option to enable during the process...
| > |
| > |
| > | Sure... But, I must fix Digikam for to use LIBKIPI before...
| >
| > Of course, let me know if you need any help with that process, either by
| > email or on IRC where you almost always can find me on #kimdaba or
| > irc.kde.org
|
| Thanks. But we can talked about that by Email or with jabber. IRC don't
| work at work because there is a firewall restriction...
And I'm afraid I dont use jabber, so email it is ;-)

| > |
| > | Yes. My CVS name is 'cgilles'.
| > |
| > |
| > | The collection is a concept for to sort the Albums in the Digikam
| > | Albums library. Look the screenshoot.
| >
| > Hmmm this sounds like the categories you can create in kimdaba, which we
| > earlier on agreed would be accessable with ImageInfo::attributes() I
| > guess.
|
| OK.

Cheers
Jesper